Any ways to recover my deleted WhatsApp messages on my Samsung galaxy S7? I don’t know how they disappeared. Please help!”-- asked from Ella.
There are many instant messenger application or software for talking, calling or messaging. As one of the earliest instant messenger applications, it obviously holds many Android smart phone users, especially Samsung users. Recently some of them have problem in restoring WhatsApp messages or chat history on their Samsung devices on Mac.
Samsung WhatsApp Chat Recovery
Here we will give you the WhatsApp official suggestion. Let’s check whether it works for your situation or not.
Retrieve Deleted Samsung WhatsApp Messages Less than Seven Days
Your Samsung can store up to the last seven days worth of local backup files, because Google Drive only have the most recent data.
Find Deleted Samsung WhatsApp Conversations Older than Seven Days
1. Go to “sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases”. If your WhatsApp data is not stored on SD card, you can navigate to internal storage or main storage instead of sd card.
2. Rename the backup file you want to recover from “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12”. It is also possible that the earlier backup may have been on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Remember not to change the number of the crypt extension.
3. Uninstall WhatsApp and reinstall WhatsApp.
4. Click “Restore” when asked.
Tips about Backup WhatsApp Messages:
1. Open WhatsApp and go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
2. Choose backup to Google Drive. You will be prompted to select one Google account which you want to get your WhatsApp messages back to. If you do not have a Google account, then you need to add one.
3. Tap on Back up over to choose the network you wish to use for backup. Please note that backing up over cellular may result in additional data charges.
All the official ways need you to have a backup in advance. For most users, they may not have a backup , or they will not worry about the problem of WhatsApp messages recovery. So what we really want to let you know is how to restore WhatsApp chats or messages without any backup.
If you do not have a backup before, it is possible that you need a third-party software. You can try the free version at the very beginning to check whether it can get back what you need.
Android Data Recovery Mac
Android Data Recovery Mac is a professional software for Android smart phone users, like Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, Sony, OnePlus, HUAWEI and etc. Other than WhatsApp messages and attachment like pictures and voice messages, you can also recover lost or deleted contacts, photos, text messages, videos, audios, call logs, Viber messages and other documents.
The reasons you need to try it:
- Allow detailed preview of all recoverable files and recover Android data on Mac in clicks.
- Export contacts, SMS messages, call logs and WhatsApp to readable formats like CSV, XML, VCF, HTML, etc.
Easy Steps to Undelete Samsung WhatsApp Messages on Mac
1. Run this Android Data Recovery Mac software on your Mac.
2. Select file types you need recover.
3. Connect your Samsung to Mac and enable the USB debugging.
4. Start to scan, preview the scanning result and selectively recover what you really need.